A new beginning....

My blog - newly discovered so I thought I'd use it. Mismatch of ramblings, lifestyle (frugal, green, WAHM -ing, home ed. and other stuff :-)

Friday, December 24, 2004

Beads, trees and wrapping paper

Its Christmas Eve.

I think that's a :-)

So far the children have been up for 4 hours, we have watched several Christmas 'specials' (postman pat was ok, but rapidly down hill from there, lol) and had an argument over who opened the tub of malteasers I bought DP and DD1 yesterday.

(Which reminds me - why does the tub of mixed white and milk maltesers have less white ones in it than a single bag of white ones, even though the proportions pictured on the tub are 50/50 as is the price of it? If you've yet to buy one of these tubs - Stop!! Buy the smaller one that is just white malteasers and then buy the equal weight in milk choc ones. It will be nearly a pound cheaper and you'll get more white ones which means that when a child raids the pot in the middle of the night there is less likelihood that they will all be gone in the morning. rant over :-)

Oh - and its my dads birthday today so a phone call has been made and he has had 2 renditions of Happy Birthday, along with an 'ahh' from DS (who I swear has been watching Ann from Little Britain, lol) followed by my mind going blank from lack of sleep so I will need to call again later.

On the 'cards' for today - well not shopping, all done, yay! - but lots of stickers (I bought the Raymond Briggs Snowman and Father Christmas books in JLP for half price the other day), with a little painting, some baking (see Reading and Recipe blog right for the recipes) - probably the lavender shortbread today, and maybe a mincemeat slice traybake or similar (that last depends on whether there is any mincemeat or dried fruit in the cupboard because I am *not* going to the shops).

All this of course, is assuming I can prise my children from the television!! I don't know, you keep them busy and away from it for a few days and they treat it like a long lost friend and are incapable of turning it off again!!!!

Ho hum. Merry Christmas and all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home